Our contact details
Disability Horizons is an online shop at: www.shop.disabilityhorizons.com.
Our shop is run under the registered, limited company Equip-able Ltd, registered at:
If you have any questions about how we use your privacy and data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Privacy and data’.
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Cookies – if you accept all of these (some are essential, so will automatically run)
- Your name, email address, delivery and billing address/es, IP address and password – if you buy from us. Once you make a purchase, an account will automatically be created so that you can track your purchase and get in touch more easily (more on this below).
- Your email address and name – if you don’t opt out/unsubscribe from our shop newsletter
- Your full name, email address, postcode and phone number – if you register your interest in a product or service from one of the companies we work with, such as Prime Stairlifts.
When you visit our website, we collect cookies. There are essential/necessary cookies that are needed to ensure the website functions and that it is protected from hackers.
There are also optional cookies, which you can choose to turn off. These include:
- functional cookies that enable the website to remember features you have selected, such as accessibility preferences.
- performance and analytics cookies that help us to improve our website.
- non-necessary cookies that enable third-parties, such as social platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, to identify you, connect you to your account and track your journey.
Collecting cookies enables us to make your experience on Disability Horizons Shop better.
For more information about cookies and how to control which cookies you allow, visit All About Cookies.
How we get the information and why we have it
The information we collect is done so through cookies when you visit our website or by you entering information when purchasing a product from our website.
Cookies are small files of information that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device you use when you visit a website. These contain details that identify you as a user (such as your IP address and broad location) and your browsing history on that website.
Cookies enable us to improve our website and personalise your experience. For example, it helps us to create content we know you’ll be interested in and make changes that allow you to navigate more easily around the website.
Cookies also allow you to browse more seamlessly across different platforms, such as from our website to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and enable third-parties to understand how you use content embedded on our website, such as videos from YouTube.
Purchasing a product
When you buy something on our website and go through the process of checking we collect certain data using WordPress, the system our website is powered by. We collect your:
- Email address
- Billing address (and shipping address if different from billing)
- Items purchased and costs
- IP address – this is used by us and payment processors to stop fraud.
These details will enable us to process your order and contact you in the event of any queries.
When you buy from us an account will be created so that you can easily track and monitor the progress of your order.
A password will be auto-generated and an email containing the password will be sent to your email account. This password can be changed at any time by logging into “My Account”. Simply go to My Account, Account Details and use the Password Change box.
We also ask for your phone number in case we need to contact urgently in the unlikely event there is an issue with your order, but this is optional. If you don’t give us your number, we will communicate with you by email, letter or through your account.
We do not store payment details, as these are only stored/used by the payment providers, either PayPal or Stripe.
Once you have bought from us, we will use your name and email address to send you newsletters about things we believe you will be interested in and can benefit from. This may include:
- special offers/discounts to help you save money
- new products that can help to make your life easier
- the latest reviews to help you make the right buying decision
- interviews with the disabled entrepreneurs behind the products we sell.
If you would prefer not to be contacted via email about anything other than your order, you can simply untick the box at the checkout under where you would enter your email (see below).
You can also unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link from one of our emails, or by emailing email@example.com with the subject line ‘Unsubscribe from newsletter’.
Please note, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites, even if you access them using links from our website. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
General Data Protection Regulation
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Erase my details’, specifying what information you would like deleted and from where.
- We have a legitimate interest.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- The Right to opt-out of marketing and future contact outside of our obligation to provide you purchased good/s.
- The Right to be forgotten. This applies to your email contact and your Disability Horizons Shop account. This does not apply to financial records or complaints as these need to be retained for a period of time in our legitimate interest.
- The Right of access to all the data we hold on you.
- The Right to rectification – the right to have your stored info changed if it is not correct.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by emailing email@example.com with the subject line ‘Complaint’.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
The IOC helpline number is 0303 123 1113.