We hope that you can find the answer to your query below, however, if you are still looking for answers, please feel free to contact us by calling 0800 567 7812, emailing email@example.com or using the contact form on our get in touch page.
Click on the question to head down to the answer below.
- Why has Disability Horizons launched a shop?
- What can I buy?
- Who makes the products?
- I can’t decide which products to order – can you help?
- How can I order and pay?
- How do I make a bulk order?
- Can I buy if I live overseas?
- I’ve changed my mind – what’s your returns policy?
- When will my order arrive?
- I ordered some time ago – where is it?
- I’ve been charged two postal fees – why is that?
- Can I recommend a product for you to sell?
Back in 2011, Disability Horizons magazine launched with the aim of making the world more inclusive and helping disabled people to live the life they choose.
Over the years we have seen how great products and services can make a real difference to disabled people’s lives. But they need to be the right products – innovative, stylish and truly valuable.
So we decided that there was a real need for a curated range of disability products, all from trusted suppliers and selected through recommendations from our community of readers and based on our experiences over the years.
On some of the bigger sites, products can get lost in thousands of listings or have ‘fly-by-night’ sellers touting fake or inferior goods. Everything on our shop is from credible suppliers we know, with good reputations for quality and service.
Disability Horizons Shop aims to:
- Provide a place for disabled people to find the products they need to make their life easier.
- Supply high-quality products from trusted suppliers.
- Be customer-focused and responsive to our community’s opinions of products.
- Be the platform for small or new retailers and designers to showcase their products, with a particular focus on disabled entrepreneurs and companies that have been created to help a disabled friend or relative meet a need.
- Support healthcare inventions and help them gain public awareness, also making the Disability Horizons shop a platform to visit and find new innovations.
- Sell products even if they are of niche interest – if they help members of the community but are hard to source elsewhere, we will try to stock them.
- Explore ‘social enterprise’ status in the future, with the aim of employing more people from our disabled community in the running of the shop.
- Support wider Disability Horizons initiatives – creating advice and entertainment content, offering support and training to disabled people, and liaising with companies to foster inclusion.
From designer Blue Badge holders, walking sticks and clothing protectors to kitchen/bathrooms aids, slings and wheelchair trays, all products in our shop aim to enhance your life – with style.
Right now, we have more than 140 products on the site. But we will be adding more and more all the time. You can view our selection by looking within each category, such as daily living aids and wheelchair accessories, or by brand under the ‘companies’ category.
We have sourced the best UK retailers and manufacturers to provide products for our community.
Through our years of work, we have developed contacts with businesses and entrepreneurs in the UK disability and healthcare sectors. We are always looking for new ideas and innovations that improve disabled people’s lives.
As well as helping our community, we also want to get the word out for new businesses or disabled entrepreneurs who have created an ingenious product. If it’s something we think will make a difference to disabled people’s lives, we want to spread the word about it.
If you are interested in selling on our platform or know of a great product we should feature, please get in touch.
If you’re not sure what to choose, we’re here to help. Call (0800 567 7812) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your query and we will do our very best to assist.
Some of our products have been around for many years, so we have extensive knowledge of them, while others are newer and more specialist. If this is the case, we will put you in touch with someone who can help.
As the shop grows we’ll also build up more reviews for each product from community members who have used them. These will give you a great first-hand view of what the products are like to use and which would be best for you.
All of our products can be purchased online using a credit or debit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Visa Debit/Solo, Delta, Visa Electron and Maestro. You can also use PayPal to pay.
If you prefer to order by telephone, you can call 0800 567 7812 or +441509 413236 for international customers.
If you’re interested in making a bulk order or for trade prices of one of our products, get in touch via our contact page and we will do our best to help.
Although we are based in the UK, most of the products we offer are available to buyers overseas. If you are in any doubt or would like a shipping quote, please use the contact form on our get in touch page.
We have a comprehensive returns policy that allows you to return any of our products within 28 days of purchase. We are happy to process all returns providing the item you purchased is returned undamaged or soiled and therefore saleable.
All of the products in our shop carry a 12-month manufacturer’s guarantee against defects – please see our full returns policy for more.
Most of our products are sent out directly by the manufacturer, so need to be returned to them. Included with your delivery should be information on how to do this, and some may also provide a returns slip. If you are in any doubt, please get in touch or send the product/s to the following address:
Disability Horizons Shop
3 Thompson Close
Once you have placed an order with us, your items will be posted via Royal Mail 2nd Class delivery. If orders are made before 11 am, they will be processed the same day or next working day. Your product should then arrive within 2 to 3 working days.
Items travelling to Mainland Europe should arrive within 5 to 7 working days, whilst items dispatched to the USA, Australia, Japan and the rest of the world should take between 7 and 14 days to arrive.
All overseas orders are sent by Royal Mail Airsure. If you have ordered several items they may be sent from different suppliers and arrive in different deliveries. If you require something urgently please get in touch.
We’re sorry your order has not arrived yet and are happy to investigate. It’s worth taking a look at the average waiting times (see question above) for different locations first to see if the wait is to be expected.
If not, then don’t hesitate to contact us by calling (0800 567 7812), emailing (email@example.com) or using the contact form on our get in touch page and we will look into it fully.
We use several suppliers who will send your items directly from their warehouses. This means that there may be two (or more) shipping fees if your basket contains orders from several brands.
Yes definitely. We are always interested in product reviews and new products you have found, so please use the contact form on our get in touch page and we will make enquiries.